Departments and laboratories
Independent Laboratory of Thin Layers and Analytics
Independent Laboratory of Thin Layers and Analytics carries out scientific and research work on
- structural examination of materials applied to energy storage devices
- qualitative and quantitative analyses for scientific and industrial needs
The Laboratory offers also analyses and expertises on
- design, preparation, modification and physicochemical characteristics of thin-layered materials for photovoltaics, and chemical or renewable power sources.
- preparation of chosen cathode materials to be applied to chemical power sources,
- use of chosen waste materials from flotation or hydrometallurgical processes to be reapplied to various industries, included energy storage.
Powder XRD (PANalytical)
Substance identification using X-ray analysis
X-ray phase quantitative and qualitative analysis
lattice parameters designation
Spectrometer XRF (PANalytical)
Quantitative and qualitative analysis of solid or liquid samples using a fluorescence X-ray method
Plasma emission spectometer ICP-OES (Agilent)
Quantitative analysis, i.a. alloy components, impurities
quantification limit: 0,0005% .
Infrared spectrometer FT-IR (Bruker)
FT-IR spectra measurement for all sample phases using transmission, reflection and emission techniques;
Differential thermal analyser (Netsch)
Quantitative and qualitative thermal analysis (TGA, DTA) of solids in the temperature range of 20 – 1500 °C;
Determination of reaction and phase conversion heat by DSC method at up to 700 °C;
Spectrophotometer UV-VIS (Thermo Scientific)
UV-VIS spectophotometry of solutions.
Mastersizer S granulometer (Malvern)
Grain size distribution of powder materials.
Particle nanosize distribution; Slurry characteristics by zeta potential measurement.
Porous structure analyser ASAP 2010 (Micromeritics)
Measurement of BET and Langmuir specific surface area, pore size distribution, microporous structure analysis.
Hg analyser AMA 254
Analysis of Hg content in liquid and solid samples.
Agnieszka Martyła, Ph.D.
tel:.+48 61 2797 815
mobile: +48 505 892 538
fax:.+48 61 2797 897
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department offers a wide range of analytic tests concerning the material content, physicochemical and applicatory parameters or environmental safety:
- Analysis of electrolytes and electrode materials;
- Chemical analysis of inorganic materials;
- Analysis of raw materials usability for energy storage;
- Quantitative analysis ICP for the determination of alloy elements : Sb, As, Sn, Bi, Zn, Se, Ca, Al, Ag, Cu, Fe and impurities: Ni, Mn, Cd, Te; (quantitation limit 0,0005%);
- Analysis of Hg content in liquid and solid samples;
- Grain size distribution;
- Particle nanosize distribution (measurement limit 2nm do 3µm);
- Determination of specific surface area, adsorption-desorption full isotherms, microporosity;
- Slurry characteristics by zeta potential measurement;
- Sample phase identification, qualitative and quantitative X-ray structural analysis;
- Determination of lattice parameters, measurement angular range from 3 to 20 2Ɵ;
- UV-VIS spectrophotometry of solutions, anions and cations quantitative determination (190-1100 range);
- Quantitative and qualitative thermal analysis (TGA, DTA) of solids in the temperature range of 20 – 1500 °C determination of reaction and phase conversion heat by DSC at up to 700 °C;
- FT-IR spectra measurement for all sample phases using transmission, reflection and emission techniques.