Devoted to energy storage systems for 70 years
Central Laboratoriy of Batteries and Cells (CLAiO) was founded in 1947 to meet the needs of Polish industry and economy recovering from World War II.
The first CLAiO’s director was Kazimierz Applelt. In 1965 the former director retreated and Jerzy Kwaśnik was appointed as the new director of CLAiO and he managed CLAiO up to 1991. Since that time the function of CEO has been fulfilled by Maciej Kopczyk.